Have you lost a lot of weight and are struggling with excess skin? Body contouring is a growing option to recreate your smooth physique.
Despite the scars body contouring can leave, the tradeoff with no more loose skin is well worth it.
Body Contouring Can Tighten the Following:
- Excess skin around the abdomen (Tummy Tuck)
- Sagging of the buttocks and upper thighs
- Sagging of the mid thigh area
- Sagging of the upper arms
- Sagging of the mid-face, jowls and neck
- Flattened or sagging breasts
Are You a Good Candidate for Body Contouring?
- Your weight has been stable, and you don’t expect any more weight loss.
- You have no chronic medical conditions and are in good health.
- You have a solid network of family/friends to support and help you.
- Your diet is healthy.
- You are a non-smoker.
- You are strong mentally and have realistic expectations.
- You prioritize the body areas that you would like to change the most.
- You are choosing a surgeon that is board certified in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
Most body contouring patients require multiple surgeries to address excess skin and fat in many places across their body. This is the safest approach and will allow the body to heal properly.
3-Step Body Contouring Example:
Surgery #1: Remove excess skin from abdomen (Tummy Tuck)
Surgery #2: Breast reduction/lift surgery may be performed with upper arm or
thigh lift procedure
Surgery #3: Facelift procedure
Note: Plan to allow for 3-6 months between steps for recovery and healing.
Following surgery, tubes are usually placed in the wound to drain excess fluid, and medications will help to control pain and discomfort. Some soreness, swelling and bruising for two to three weeks after surgery is quite common.
Most patients can return to work after 2-4 weeks.
Some of the Risks with Body Contouring May Include:
- Separation of incision
- Tissue Death (Skin necrosis)
- Abnormal scar formation
- Imbalanced appearance (Asymmetry)
Contact us today to schedule your risk-free consultation.
People who read about Post Weight Loss Body Contouring also read: What Is a Tummy Tuck?